Living Well Service
Living Well Service –provided by Coastal West Sussex Mind
Coastal West Sussex Mind is a local mental health charity providing help and support to local people and their families in Shoreham, Worthing, Littlehampton, Bognor Regis, Midhurst and Chichester.
Respecting the needs and rights of individuals to have control of their lives, they aim to empower people with mental health needs to be as independent as possible and help them to benefit from optimum support and activities in their community
They support people over 60 who are affected by:
- mild cognitive impairment
- memory loss
- other mental health problems.
They also offer support to their carers.
The Chichester Living Well Service offers a range of help and support including:
- home visits for advice, helping you to identify your needs and explore what help is available
- advice, information and coping tips
- friendly, relaxed informal group and social activities including monthly events and outings
- peer support by sharing experiences with other people in a similar situation
- day respite services
- structured support including cognitive stimulation therapy
Sometimes it can be hard to take the first steps towards getting support. their staff aim to get to know individuals and their carers, tailoring services to meet needs.
Their aim to help people:
- feel less isolated and more supported
- gain confidence
- learn coping skills
- improve and maintain their wellbeing
- have a break
They provide a programme of support and activities at different venues across the week.
Currently this includes:
- Tea and Chat—Held at Chichester Boys Club
- Our Café—Held at St Pancras Hall
- Day respite service—Held at the Judith Adams Centre on Saturdays.
- We are currently planning a new service on Thursdays for people with early stage dementia
Please note: There is a charge for some services.