COVID-19 restriction update
Throughout the pandemic we have strived to make the surgery as safe as possible for all our patients and staff. We will continue to do so going forward.
With the announcement from the Government that from 19th July they are likely to be lifting the majority of Covid restrictions, we have reviewed our procedures for the Practice.
For the safety of all patients and staff alike, we respectfully ask that you wear a face covering when attending the surgery even after the 19th of July.
We also encourage patients not to come to the surgery to book appointments. Please call 01798 342 248 instead.
We will shortly re-open our waiting room with reduced capacity, keeping patient’s safety in mind.
For the time being our Dispensary will continue to function utilising the temporary dispensary hatch (window) that is accessible from outside of the building. (Right next to our main entrance).
As you know the Surgery is and has been open throughout the pandemic. Our GPs had been seeing patients face to face and it will remain that way. – However because of Coronavirus the way patients are seen in primary care has predominantly changed.
- If you need to speak to a doctor for any reason, please call between 08:30 and 11:00 on 01798 342 248 and our Patient Services Team members will assist you with signposting you to the most appropriate service, whether that is to speak to a Doctor, attend a pharmacy, minor injuries unit, etc. Please note, our Patient Services Team members have been trained to signpost and they will ask you questions in order to determine the best option for your care.You will be booked a telephone / video triage with a GP, as availability allows. If there are no routine appointments left for the morning you will be asked to call back after 14:00 or the next morning.
- Our doctors are only able to offer same day appointments at this time (With a few exceptions – please see Paragraph 5 further down). Once triaged the GP may offer a face to face appointment.
- If you call later than 11am, unless your call is urgent, you will be asked to call back after 14:00 or the next morning between 08:30 -11:00.
- Some clinical procedures that require a GP e.g. steroid injections or micro-suctioning will be pre-bookable.
- Appointments with our nurses, HCAs and phlebotomist remain pre-bookable.
- Extended Hours nurse appointments, phlebotomy appointments, Asthma, COPD reviews and Initial Physiotherapy appointments are bookable online, using your SystmOne Online account or the Airmid App.
Although the restrictions may be lifted nationally we will closely monitor the local COVID-19 infection rates and we may change our protocols and guidelines accordingly. This may affect your visit to the surgery.
All the above is to help protect both our patients and our staff and we kindly ask that you respectfully follow these requests.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support.
COVID-19 vaccination status confirmation
Please note, we are unable to provide COVID-19 vaccination status confirmation letters.
If you do not have access to a mobile phone or tablet or you require an NHS COVID Pass letter then please call 119 from within the UK and ask for an NHS COVID Pass letter to be posted to you.
You can get more information and request this letter HERE
For further guidnance and information please visit the sites below.
COVID-19 vaccination status confirmation
Welcome to Petworth Surgery
For information on how to register, please speak to a member of our reception team on 01798 342248 or click the link below:
In a medical emergency at any time of the day or night, please dial 999. If you need medical help fast outside of normal Surgery hours please call or click here - NHS 111.
Please include your FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH in any correspondence to ensure we know who to get back to.
Please note that this e-mail address MUST NOT be used for emergencies or urgent communication with your GP. The inbox is checked regularly, but it may take up to twenty four hours for us to get back to you!
Dispensary Opening times
Monday to Friday 09:00 -13:00 and 14:00 -18:00
Please note: Every second Wednesday of the month our dispensary is closed between 13:00 & 15:00.
NHS Friends and Family
To receive future editions of the newsletter straight to your inbox sign up below.
NHS 111 online
111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally.
Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:
- Treat yourself at home
- Go to a Primary Care Centre
If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.
Click here to access NHS 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.